Sunday 4 January 2015

Joining the challenge

There has been great feedback from members of the Down to Earth Community - both on FB and the forum - to join the 52 week challenge. However, a few people of raised concerns that the amounts are too high. I have chosen the mega challenge as I still have a well paying job, also this might be my last year of having this kind of job, so I wanted to make the most of it.

You can design the challenge with your own preferences - you could start with 50c and increase it by 50c each week which would save you $689 by the end of this year or you start with $1 and increase it by $1 every week and you save $1378 by the end of the year. Alternatively, you could take a coin out of your wallet every day and save that - obviously the amount then would vary.

Whatever your choice, make it achievable for yourself - then it will be much easier to stick to it!

If you like I'm happy to offer you my help and create a spreadsheet for you, which tells you how much you have to save each week/day/month based on the choice of your challenge. Just leave a comment with your details and I will email it to you within the next few days.

Good luck everyone and thanks for joining!

1 comment:

  1. I'll join in this challenge !!! It's a good challenge for me and I decided the 52 weeks to start with 0.25 cents. it's not much but surely and I like to bring things to an end, I begin !!! Thank you very much for the opportunity to participate in this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete