Saturday 3 January 2015

The 52 Week Money Challenge

Welcome to 2015! Please come and visit my new Facebook page 'Simple Frances' to see further updates and links on any of the information I provide in this blog.

Most people would have started the new year with new year's resolutions. I'm one of them, also they have become less and they're much more achievable these days as I don't like to fail! So why don't you join me in one of them, which is called the '52 week money challenge'?!

Each week (or each day or each month), you save a certain amount of money and it will snowball into a nice amount of money by the end of the year. This is a good way to start building up an emergency fund and it's fun to do it together - so who's going to join me?

Here're the links to classic challenge:
365 Days
52 Week Standard
52 Week Variation
52 Week Make Money
52 Week Double
52 Week Mini
52 Week Kids
26 Bi-Weekly
24 Bi-Monthly
12 Monthly

and here's the link to the Alternatives to the classic 52 week challenge

I really wanted to get into it this year, so I decided on the mega money challenge. The mega challenge is based on the standard challenge, but instead of beginning week one with a $1 deposit into the challenge fund, the mega challenge begins with $5. Then each week of the year, you multiply that week’s number by $5. In week two, the goal is $10, in week three it’s $15, and so on until the last week of the year (fifty-two) when you’ll need to deposit $260 into the fund. So for December alone, a whopping $1010 need to go into the saving account! This will reap up $6,890 at the end of the year! Not bad at all!
I'm off to deposit my $5 for this week. Which challenge did you choose?

1 comment: