Sunday 11 May 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers out there!!!

I hope your family spoils you and shows their appreciation to you - you deserve it - a mother is the Rock of each family.
My mother still lives in Germany and also we miss each other, we both know that we're happiest where we are at the moment. We keep in contact via social media and nearly hear daily from each other. My Mum has been on a couple of visits to Australia and also on one hand, she'd like to move here, she has her parents and my sister where she is.
My Mum was (and still is) very modern. She always wore the latest quality fashion, the house was in immaculate condition and she took care of my sister and me as she quit her job when my sister came along. It was nice to come home after school and have someone there but of course at the time I sometimes envied my classmates who arrived in an empty house as I felt back then they had more freedom. That wasn't the case of course but when you're young you always want what you don't have.

My Mum wasn't traditional. She didn't cook much or bake, she didn't iron - she was very different to the other mums. Also I didn't show it, I was proud to have her as my Mum. She didn't teach me how to bake or cook as she hardly ever cooked herself and I only ever seen her baking once. But she taught me how to become strong, independent and to believe in myself. When I told my parents I want to study Environmental Science, my ex-stepfather thought I was crazy. I'm glad I pursued it as I have an interesting job I enjoy, earn extremely well and know I can make a difference - even if it's just small.
A lot of things have changed and I now know how unhappy my Mum was when we were growing up. But she stayed strong as she knew we will have the best chances if she does. So she waited until we were grown up and independent to leave her husband, her life and everything she owned behind. I know how hard that must have been for her. She lives a very different life now but she's happy. Over the years I have helped her out and she always felt guilty. I don't know why, she was there when I needed her and now I'm there for her. I'm glad we have such a strong and close relationship and I can't wait to see her again - hopefully soon.
Mumsy, I miss and love you!!! Have a fantastic Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow your Mum is stunning, she must have had you very young! She looks very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! Other than her bad smoking habit I believe she's pretty healthy. Mum is turning 59 this year but I reckon she doesn't look a day older than 50. :-)

    ReplyDelete